|27 maggio 2023|
|Washington DC - USA|
ROMA 1708 – PASQUINI, SCARLATTI & HÄNDEL
Renowned Italian harpsichordist Alberto Busettini presents a gorgeous Program of opulent, sumptuous music composed and performed in the “Roman Style”. This style swept outwards from Rome, greatly influencing the development of Baroque music. The style’s rich harmonies, distinctive virtuosity, and improvisatory elements were simply irresistible, and still are today. On the Program are works by Bernardo Pasquini and Alessandro Scarlatti, two early proponents of the style, and Georg Friedrich Händel who embraced the style slightly later during a visit to Rome.
- Date: Thursday, May 27, 2023
- Timing: Doors open 7:00pm for 7:30pm start. Concert ends ~9:00pm. Complementary canapés, fine wines & beverages served post-concert.
- Venue: Aberfoyle Place NW, Washington DC 20015.
- Metro: Venue is 2 miles from Friendship Heights metro. Uber usually available.
- Parking: Plentiful untimed parking available on well-lit Aberfoyle Place and cross streets.
- Covid Protocols: Proof of full vaccination required. Other Covid protocols will be updated 2 weeks before concert.